Traditional Khmer rules for men and women
Many Cambodian women are expected to follow some archaic rules like:
- No sex before marriage & No boyfriend
- Come back home before sunset
- Obey parents decisions including their choice of husband – arranged marriages are still common
- Study only till primary school after which their parents will force them to stop as they are expected to become just a house wife after marriage.
Rules for men:
- Men need to study hard or get working skills because they are expected to support the whole family after marriage.
- Hand over their income to their wives (some men who keep it all are treated like ‘Lady Boys’)
- Men need to become a monks at least one time to learn buddhist virtues such as patience, gentleness and understanding, and as a form of gratitude and respect to their parents for bringing them up.
People mostly living depending on agriculture ( rice, corn, potato , tapioca …etc ) people still living and crowing all agriculture by their old tradition like cows or Buffaloes for transport their stuff from and to their fields.