Traditional rules for men and women
Many Cambodian women are expected to follow some archaic rules like:
- No sex before marriage & No boyfriend
- Come back home before sunset
- Obey parents decisions including their choice of husband – arranged marriages are still common
- Study only till primary school after which their parents will force them to stop as they are expected to become just a house wife after marriage.
Rules for men:
- Men need to study hard or get working skills because they are expected to support the whole family after marriage.
- Hand over their income to their wives (some men who keep it all are treated like ‘Lady Boys’
- Men need to become a monks at least one time to learn buddhist virtues such as patience, gentleness and understanding, and as a form of gratitude and respect to their parents for bringing them up.
People mostly living depending on agriculture ( rice, corn, potato , tapioca …etc ) people still living and crowing all agriculture by their old tradition like cows or Buffaloes for transport their stuff from and to their fields.
The Men after married they move to the women ‘s families and the people olds they stay with their children especially stay with the youngest children in the families but they youngest will get all the inheritance from their parents.